phil33palmer@gmail.com barbiep.75@gmail.com
mail: Barb/Phil Palmer c/o Galmi Hospital B.P. 44 Madaoua, Niger

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Formerly Elusive, Now . . . . . EXTINCT! (Whew!)

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 
2 Corinthians 5:17



Apparently I missed the “event of the year,” but as I see it, I missed the “event that would have sent me packing!”  I will say, though, my imagination is usually better at creating a worse scenario than often exists, but I suspect NOT in this case.  Here is how it all came about:
After having stayed at the schoolhouse an hour or two longer than I needed to, due to a massive thunder, lightning, and rain storm, I packed up and wheeled my little cart of books through the mud and muck on the ground, rejoicing in the fact that with all the rain that had just flooded our compound, at least I wouldn’t need to do my usual “snake check” all the way home, because snakes only come out when it is very hot and DRY . . . right?  RIGHT???  Humor me . . . 
WRONG!!!  As merrily I rolled along, rolled along, rolled along, my neighbor called out to me to tell me I was safe.  Safe?  From what???  From the BLACK SPITTING COBRA IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE!  How was I safe, and more importantly, HOW SAFE WAS I? Apparently I was real safe, because the men from the “shop” had just “done it in” and removed it from sight.  It would soon be skinned and the meat given away as a coveted addition to someone’s dinner table!  
Glad to be able to help out!  Isn’t that what I’m here for?  Oh, and by the way, let me help out a little more by NOT needing a snakeskin purse, shoes, or wallet!  You keep the change!

Disclaimer:  Snake (Cobra) pictures below . . . . . view at your own risk of nightmares!

Need I Say More???

Thinner Than I Thought It Would Be



It's Not RUBBER, Folks!


2 comments:

  1. Wowwweee. So glad u missed it! Such a big event, no matter where it happens. :) Glad to have you back blogging again...missed hearing of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Mom! Thanks for the nightmares!!

    ReplyDelete